Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Twenty-One

One Day Without Shoes.

One day without shoes?

One whole day, without shoes.

Tried it? Been there? Done that? For most, it's un-thought of. For some, it's something you do at campus because, after all, it is campus.

For others, it's a reality. For many people out there shoes are a luxury....and one that they can't afford to experience.

So today was to raise awareness of this and to donate shoes to charities. And I took my stand (at varsity).


Literally.





Cycled to it barefoot and met bare-footed friends with a barefoot mentality. We dodged squished grapes and bits of egg, hopped over the hot spots and avoided the wet water squirts from playful friends.

So it was easy enough.....until.

Until my roomie stubbed her toe on the way home so badly that it bled. And then on my way home (by bike) my hat started blowing off as I went down the hill, so I grabbed at it, lost my balance, squeezed at the front brake urgently and went crashing down the hill. So my whole right side is pretty messed up.

Those are just two co-incidences resulting from one day of no shoes.

Think of all of those who face this every day when looking to spend a good R30 at Ackermans...

No comments:

Post a Comment